Maine Jobs Forum Draws a Large Number of Participants

Nearly every seat in the Edmunds Conference Center at Northern Maine Community College, in Presque Isle was filled January 5th for the USDA Community Forum on Jobs and Economic Growth in Maine’s largest and most northern county. The seventeen inches of snow that fell in previous days did not dissuade from excellent attendance at the Forum. In addition to the 50 people seated at the Forum, another 15 people joined the discussion from video-teleconference sites in Houlton and Madawaska, bringing the number of participants to 65. This forum was a follow-up on the Forum on Jobs and Economic Growth held by President Obama on December 3, in Washington.

It was my privilege to welcome the crowd, which featured local economic and community development leaders, college and university presidents, business owners, agricultural producers, and Congressional Staff. The Forum was hosted at Northern Maine Community College and included presentations from USDA Farm Service Agency State Executive Director, Donovan Todd, III, and Northern Maine Community College President, Timothy Crowley; as well as local guest speakers Maine Public Service Company President and CEO, Brent Boyles; Northern Maine Development Commission Executive Director, Robert Clark; and Aurora Mills Owner, Matt Williams.

The important conversations shared among participants centered on creating jobs, growing local businesses, opportunities for economic growth, as well as barriers that need to be addressed in order for Aroostook County to recognize its full potential for economic expansion.

The information provided from the discussion will be summarized and provided to Agriculture Secretary Vilsack and President Obama for consideration.

Maine Jobs ForumUSDA Rural Development State Director Virginia Manuel welcomes a crowd
of 65 at Maine’s January 5th USDA Community Forum on Jobs and Economic Growth

By USDA Rural Development State Director Virginia Manuel

8 Responses to “Maine Jobs Forum Draws a Large Number of Participants”

1. Skelley says:

Thank you for writing this article in terms readers can actually understand. This topic can be confusing, but you made it so clear that I am glad I landed here.

2. Mobile Phone Accessories says:

That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith.

3. mot sunderland says:

I’m not a guru on this topic, but I do know good writing when I read it. This is excellent content with great useful information.

4. iphone games says:

You have actually created some excellent points here. I specifically appreciate the way you’ve been able to stick so much thought into a relatively short post (comparitively) which creates it an thoughtful publish on your subject. In my opinion, you’ve presented the topic in a quite thorough yet concise manner, that is genuinely useful when someone wants to get the facts without spending too a lot time searching the Internet and sifting out the noise to discover the answers to their questions. I usually get so frustrated with so numerous in the final results inside the major SE’s due to the fact they normally seem to mostly be filled with filler content that often isn’t extremely sensible. If you don’t mind I’m going to add this post and your blog to my delicious favorites so I can share it with my family. I appear forward to coming back to read your future posts as well.

5. mot sunderland says:

This is a superb piece, I found your weblog browsing google for a related theme and came to this. I couldnt come across to much additional information on this piece, so it was pleasant to locate this one. I will certainly end up being back again to check out some other posts that you have another time.

6. hotel reservation says:

It’s seldom I read material on this subject, but I found your article interesting from the start. You make impressive points and did a great job of making it engaging.

7. amsterdam seeds says:

What can I say about this article? You have done a bang up job of making your points clear and I agree with you on most. I enjoyed this reading.

8. e cigarette 2012 says:

I am in agreement with you on most of the points you make in this article. I appreciate the hard work you put into this.