As a service to farmers, USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) recently presented an interactive webinar entitled “How to Sell Fruits and Vegetables to the USDA”. The webinar was hosted by Red Book Credit Services as part of its free Red Book University educational offering.
Delivered by Ron Ulibarri of the Commodity Procurement Branch of AMS Fruit and Vegetable Programs, participants in the “How to Sell Fruits and Vegetables to the USDA” webinar learned about:
- USDA’s commodity procurement program and how to become an approved vendor;
- Opportunities for small and medium sized business;
- Why certain items are purchased;
- How to receive information about products the USDA is buying;
- Practical tips on selling to the USDA.
The webinar is for growers and processors of all sized operations, others along the produce supply chain, and anyone else interested in learning about what kind of foods USDA buys.
A replay of “How to Sell Fruits and Vegetables to the USDA” can be viewed by clicking here.