Who will represent your state at the 3rd Annual White House Kids’ State Dinner? It could be your child showing off his or her creativity and culinary talents in front of the First Lady and people from around the country. First Lady Michelle Obama, the USDA, the U.S. Department of Education, and Epicurious have once again teamed up for the third annual Healthy Lunchtime Challenge recipe contest.
Children ages 8 – 12 years old are invited to submit an original lunch recipe inspired by MyPlate. Young chefs can win the chance to attend the Kids’ “State Dinner” hosted by First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House in Washington, D.C. The invited guests will include the Lunchtime Challenge winners and their parents from every state!
Kids and their parents know that eating a healthy lunch is critical to making the grade at school, but it takes a little imagination to create something delicious and nutritious. Ask the kids in your life to share a healthy recipe and inspire others. Recipes should be:
- Healthy – Veggies and fruits should make up half of your recipe, and be sure to also include low-fat dairy, whole grains, and lean protein
- Delicious – Keep it fresh, simple, and yummy
- Original – We want your own creative dish, not one from a published source
- Affordable – No fancy ingredients needed
- Meaningful – Tell us the story of how you came to make this dish
Young chefs can be role models for their peers, their families, and all Americans. To learn more about this amazing opportunity and to enter the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge, visit: http://www.recipechallenge.epicurious.com/. Entries must be received by April 5, 2014 for a chance to win!
Spread the word! You and your child could win a trip to Washington, D.C. and represent your state at the Kids’ State Dinner at the White House.