Special holiday series – Blog 4 of 5
Looking for a tasty vegetable for your holiday menu? USDA Under Secretary for Food Safety and I are happy to help! We are providing low-cost holiday recipes with simple food safety tips to help you prepare healthy and safe holiday meals. So far we’ve posted turkey, stuffing and sweet potato recipes. Today we’re featuring a delicious Green Bean Sauté recipe kids will surely love. Make sure to look for our blog tomorrow which will feature our final recipe—Crunchy Pumpkin Pie. Bon Appetite!!
Green Bean Sauté
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Yield: 6 servings
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 can (16 ounce) drained, cut green beans
- Wash hands and clean your work area.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Add green beans and heat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Use refrigerated leftovers within 3-4 days.
Per Recipe: $ 2.17
Per Serving: $ 0.36
Adapted from: Quick and Healthy, Vol. II, pg. 93, 1995
Author: Brenda Ponichtera, RD, ScaleDown Publishing, Inc.